April Service

The month of April brought opportunity for service and lots of beautiful weather. The Girls on the Run season ended April 6th with the annual 5k race. Although the season ended, we still were able to do service through Girls on the Run by working a booth at the Hogs for the Cause. Hogs for the Cause is a festival with music from local bands, food and drink tents from local sponsors and charities, and a huge barbecue cook-off. This festival raises money for both local and national children's hospitals to offer relief to families and children who have brain cancer. This year my fellow coaches and I volunteered at the Girls on the Run drink tent for 5 hours at this festival. We then went on to enjoy the rest of the festival that day. This event was a lot of fun to volunteer at and fun to attend after our shift. Knowing the great cause behind the festival also contributed to the fun and excitement. As the semester comes to an end, I am so thankful for all the people and experiences I had during my time as a Tulane Pharmacology Masters student. Learning all of the various ways to give back around the city of New Orleans was informative and fun. I hope to continue to give back to this city as I continue my journey at LSU New Orleans School of Medicine in August. I would definitely recommend this program to anyone who would like to go to medical school to prepare both academically and lifestyle wise in order to keep balance between school and life outside of school.

April Hours: 5 hours
Total Spring Hours: 30 hours 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September Service

(Thanks)giving Back

March Service