Spooky Service

The service hours that I completed in the month of October included Girls on the Run and Compassus Hospice. At Girls on the Run this month, we had our practice 5k in order to prepare the girls for the final 5k in November. In honor of Halloween, we used spider rings as lap counters to ensure each girl finished the 3.1 miles.  On the other hand, I have also continued to volunteer at Hospice twice a week. Once weekly, I continue to do administrative work at the office. The other time in the week, I am assigned a patient that I visit with. This month, I visited my patient 5 times each for about an hour and a half. This experience has allowed me to give back to my community by providing comfort and support to my patient and his family. The family and patient’s gratitude for my small acts of support are so rewarding. 

Hospice hours: 11.5
GOTR hours: 7.5
Total October Hours: 19 
Total Fall Hours: 31

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September Service

(Thanks)giving Back

March Service